In railway halls, on pavements near the traffic,
They beg, their eyes made big by empty staring
And only measuring Time, like the blank clock.
I’m joining another session of Lucile’s Photo 101 Rehab. While I was slightly frustrated that I didn’t have any portraits to post, which is what our lovely hostess excels at most, I was comforted by her observation that the rehab serves for us to enjoy shooting whatever our passion is.
I enjoy street life and anything grunge. When there’s no grunge, I make it become. Such as in this photo from a railway station – hence the title poem. here’s a list of major edits performed on the photo, shot with Nikon D80 and post-edited in Corel PaintShop.
- correcting the perspective and cropping
- boosting sharpness, clarity and contrast
- applying a local tone mapping filter
- desaturating all colours except red
- using a heavy dark blur vignette effect