Lucile’s Photo 101 Rehab has been focusing on monochrome portraits recently. I don’t do portraits for lack of subjects to shoot, so here is the closest that I came to a portrait. It is a local homeless person, with her backpack in the background on the ground and her breakfast of beer and cigarettes lying on the window sill.
The photo was taken by Nikon D80 and edited in Corel PaintShop with the following adjustments:
- correcting the perspective and cropping
- enhancing sharpness and clarity
- applying a local tone mapping filter
- desaturating all colours except red
- using a slight dark blur vignette effect