My today’s contribution to lovely Lucile’s Photo 101 Rehab session is a shot of a plague column, a structure often found at the main square of cities in these parts. It was supposed to protect the inhabitants from pestilence, though how exactly remains uncertain.
As always, the photo was taken by my child-toy Nikon D80 and edited in Corel PaintShop. Here are the major edits I performed:
- correcting the perspective (straightening the walls)
- enhancing sharpness and clarity
- applying backlighting
- increasing local tone mapping
- applying BW Red filter and BW Clarify filter
- applying the Dark Vignette filter